We at Wine Story value your privacy and ensure that appropriate measures to protect your data are in
place and reflected in every process where your personal data is involved. Such measures are
implemented through our information security management system and privacy policies established in
accordance with the principles of proportionality, transparency, and legitimacy of purpose.
- What information are collected by the website (also referred to as the “Site”) and how these information will be collected
- How your personal data will be used, disclosed, shared, retained and disposed
- How to view, change, remove or withdraw personal data, and all that involves in exercising your rights under the law as subject of these data
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
1.1. PERSONAL DATA
1.2. NON-PERSONAL DATA
We may collect personal identification information from users in a variety of ways, including but not limited to;
- Visiting and registering in our website, www.winestory.com.ph
- Inquiring through our "Contact Us" page
- Subscribing on the mailing list
- Responding to a survey form
- Filling out membership form
Our website collects your personal data for updating your profile. We collect the following information:
Our website also collects your personal data through the form in our "Contact Us" page for inquiries. We collect only the following information:
- Email Address
- Mobile Number
- Complete Address
- Email Address
We may collect non-personal identification from users whenever they interact with our Site:
- Browser name
- Type of computer
- Technical Information, such as operating system and Internet Service Provider
Web browser cookies
Our website may use "cookies" to enhance user experience. Cookies are small files which are
used for tracking users' information and stored in computer’s hard drive for record-keeping
purposes. You may choose to set your web browser on refusing cookies, or to alert you when
cookies are being sent. If you do, note that some parts of the website may not function
Collection of your personal identification is a voluntary submission. As users, you are entitled to refuse on supplying your personal data. However, it may prevent you from engaging on our Siterelated activities. You may visit our website anonymously
By signing up and joining our membership program, you agree with all the terms and conditions involved.
USE, DISCLOSURE, STORAGE, AND RETENTION
1.1. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Wine Story may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
IMPROVE CUSTOMER SERVICE. The information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support your needs more efficiently.
PERSONALIZE USER EXPERIENCE. Personal information is use to aggregate and understand how users as a group use the services and resources provided by our Site.
IMPROVE OUR SITE. Users provide feedback in improving our products and services.
SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES. Information is shared to third parties only when it is necessary in the conduct of any of our agreements with you.
PROMOTION. The personal information is used to run a promotion such as contest, survey and other features of the Site.
SEND PERIODIC EMAILS AND TEXTS. Email addresses and phone numbers are used to communicate promo updates, inquiries, questions, and other requests. If you subscribe to our mailing list and text blast, you will periodically receive emails and text messages that include Wine Story news, updates, and product or service information.
1.2. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and administer our Site for promotional activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or survey forms.
- Data may be shared for commercial purposes, provided it is within the consent you gave. Commercial purposes include direct marketing and marketing, marketing data analysis, and customer-relationship management.
- We may share your personal data with third party service providers and affiliate companies provided that you have given us your consent. Your consent is necessary for your data to be processed by our third party provider, namely:
- Forthmedia – for the development of the Company's website and hosting of data for our digital projects
Users may find advertisements and other contents in our website that links to our partners, suppliers, advertisers, licensors, and other third parties. We do not control the contents or links that appear once the linked has been clicked. We are not responsible for the practices employed by the websites linked to and from the Wine Story Website. In addition, these services, including their content, are constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
The customer or member shall be provided with the following information prior to collection or before data is shared:
- Identity of the personal information controllers or personal information processors that will be given access to the personal data;
- Purpose of data sharing;
- Categories of personal data concerned;
- Intended recipients or categories of recipients of the personal data
1.3. HOW WE STORE, PROTECT, UPDATE, AND RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
- TECHNICAL SECURITY
We ensure that appropriate technical security measures are in place to protect your data. Some of these measures are:
Personal data collected may be stored and processed in the United States or Philippines or any country where the Web Host/ Service Providers maintains its facilities. "Web host" is a business that provides the technologies and services needed for the website or webpage to be viewed on the Internet.
- ACCESS CONTROL. Access restrictions are enforced in the use of the Site. Only legitimate users are allowed to use. While this is the case, secrecy of the username, password, and account information, as applicable, is the sole responsibility of the member.
TECHNICAL TESTING. We conduct website security testing and vulnerability assessment to ensure that risks are mitigated.
- MONITORING. Log-ins, cookies, device information, and Internet Protocol Address (“IP”) are being monitored to identify who visited the services provided. Passwords are encrypted upon login
- PHYSICAL SECURITY
We ensure that appropriate physical security measures are in place to protect your data. Some of these measures are:
- Membership forms are stored in a filing cabinet with lock and key. They are only accessible by the Marketing Department.
- We adopt appropriate data collection and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alterations, disclosures, or destruction of your personal information.
- UPDATES, WITHDRAWAL, AND RETENTION
- BLOCK. As a member of Wine Story, you agree to have your information retained in our database even until you are no longer an active member of the Wine Story. Once a member is considered inactive, personal data will be blocked in the system but not deleted.
- UPDATES. As a member, you are entitled to update your account any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
- UNSUBSCRIPTION. You may unsubscribe from all email and text blasts from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in the email.
- WITHDRAWAL. You may opt to fully withdraw your membership any time by directly emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting us through our phone numbers.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS
As subject of the data we collect and process, it is important to us that you are aware of your rights provided under the Data Privacy Act of 2012, namely the right to:
- Be informed. You have the right to be notified and furnished with information before your personal data enters our processing system.
- Object. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data and/or withdraw your consent in case of changes in the information previously provided. Your personal data shall no longer be processed with the exceptions enumerated under the law.
- Access. You have the right to access or demand access to view of practically everything that will happen to your personal data, which includes but are not limited to the description of the personal data, purpose, collection process, use, distribution, disclosure, storage, disposal, and destruction.
- Rectify. You have the right to dispute, under reasonable circumstances, the inaccuracies or errors in your personal data and have it correct immediately and accordingly.
- Erase or block. You have the right to suspend or withdraw, order the blocking, removal or destruction of your personal data from our filing system upon discovery and substantial proof of the conditions enumerated under the law. Be indemnified. You have the right to receive compensation for any damages you have sustained due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of your personal data.
- Data Portability. You have the right to obtain a copy of electronically processed personal data in an electronic or structured format commonly used. This right highlights the concept of you, being the subject, to which these data pertain to have control over your personal data.
HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS
One of our main objectives is to provide you with a convenient way to access your personal data and exercise your rights under the law. You may send an email to our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com if you wish to exercise any of your rights provided above. Note that changes and deletion of your personal data from our records shall only be done if within justifiable means and cause.
UPDATES AND REVISIONS
Wine Story has the discretion to update this privacy notice at any time. When we do, we will post a notification on the main page of our Site and revise the date last updated at the top of this page. We encourage users to frequently check this page for any changes to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this privacy notice periodically and become aware of modifications.
ACCEPTANCE TO THESE TERMS
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree with the terms, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, the practices of this Site, or your dealings with this Site, please contact us by sending an email or calling us through our phone numbers provide below:
Designation: Data Protection Officer
Address: 2nd Floor, Topy’s Place Building 4, #3 Economia Street corner Calle Industria. Brgy. Bagumbayan, Libis, Quezon City, 1110, PHILIPPINES.
Dedicated Phone: (632) 637-8888 local 1501